21 April, 2008

A Story for a Crackpot

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots,
each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.
► ◄
One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect.
It always delivered a full portion of water.
► ◄
At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house,
the cracked pot arrived only half full.
► ◄
For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home
only one and a half pots of water.► ◄
Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.► ◄
But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection,
and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.► ◄
After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure,
It spoke to the woman one day by the stream.
I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak
out all the way back to your house.'► ◄
The old woman n smiled, 'Did you notice?
There are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'► ◄
'That's because I have always known about your flaw,
so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path,
and every day while we walk back, you water them.'► ◄
'For two years I have been able to pick
Beautiful flowers to decorate the table.► ◄
Without you being just the way you are, there would not be
This beauty to grace the house.'► ◄
Each of us has our own unique flaw. It's the cracks and flaws we have
that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.► ◄
You've just got to take each person for what they are
and look for the good in them.► ◄
SO, my crackpot friend have a great day
Remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!
► ◄

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.